This year’s Strasbourg-Europe road races will take place on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 May 2017.
The Office des Sports of Strasbourg is organising several races: 5 km race, 10 km race, half-marathon, 8 km “Green” Nordic walking and 4 km European walk as well as a 10 km roller blade run.
If you would like to join the Council of Europe team and benefit from the team members’ entry fee of € 12 per person for the 5 km, the 10 km and the Nordic walking, or € 17 per person for the half-marathon (except for the European walk which costs 7 € and the roller blade run which costs 2 €), you should fill in and sign the entry form and send it to Olivia Conrad, Vice-President of the Sport Association of the Council of Europe, via the internal mail, accompanied by the other necessary documents, by 14 April 2016.
All files submitted after 14th April won’t be accepted for the group registry and be returned to staff members by internal mail for an individual registry.
The documents you need to submit are:
- the entry form duly completed and signed.
Do not forget to indicate your usual time for the half-marathon and the 10 km race, as this is also needed when the entry form is placed on line.
- a medical certificate issued less than one year before the date of the race, i.e. after 13 May 2016
Ask your own doctor for a medical certificate indicating the following : « non contre-indication à la pratique de l’athlétisme ou de la course à pied en compétition » (medical certificate stating that there is no medical reason why you should not participate in competitive athletics or competitive running).
The medical certificate will not be necessary if you can provide a photocopy of your 2017 FFA, FF Triathlon competitors’ license – only these 2 licenses will be accepted.
- a cheque for € 12 per person for the 5 km, the 10 km and the Nordic walking, or € 17 per person for the half-marathon, or € 7 for the “European walk” (4 km) or € 2 for the “roller blade run” made out to the « Association des Courses de Strasbourg Europe » (cheques only will be accepted, no cash)
- a clear indication of the race you wish to enter: 5 km race, 10 km race, half-marathon, 8 km Nordic walking competition or leisure walk, 4 km “European walk” or 10 km roller blade run
- a clear indication of your size for the t-shirt: S, M, L or XL (no exchange possible).
If you wish to participate in more than one race, please complete one entry form for each race.
START OF THE RACES
Saturday 13 May 2017: races start on Quai Bevin and finish in the Parc de l’Orangerie
3 pm: 8 km Nordic walking competition
3.45 pm: 8km Nature leisure walk
Sunday 14 May 2017: races start in Allée de la Robertsau
8.10 am: 5 km road race
8.50 am: Half-marathon (race with international status) - several starts
10.00 am: 4 km European walk (Marche de l’Europe - finish Lieu d’Europe)
11.15 am: 10 km road race (race with national status) - several starts
12.05 pm: 10 km roller blade run
If you have any questions, please contact Olivia Conrad, ASCE Vice-President.
The official rules of the 2017 Strasbourg-Europe road races are available on the ODS website.
For more information, please consult the official website of the Strasbourg-Europe Road Races or call the special no.: 03 88 31 83 86.