Amicale Office and Committee
- President : Denis HUBER
- Co-President: Nathalie VERNEAU
- Vice-President : Ellen FOURNIER
- Treasurer : Catherine GUERRERO
- Executive Secretary : Renée MORITZ
- Elected Members : Keltoum BELAID, Alla HEITZ, Janis SYMONS
The next month at the Arts Club
Next Amicale's events
AGORA - Office A1.09V
During Summer/ Opening hours:
9 am to 12.30 pm
Occasionnally closed for meetings, events organisation and days off
+33(0)3 88 41 32 66
The activity report and financial report of the Association for 2018 was presented at the Annual General Staff Meeting on 5 April 2019.
Exhibition from 07/01/2019 to 01/02/2019, at the gallery in the Palais de l'Europe, space Showcases
Private view the 09/01/2019 17h30, at the gallery in the Palais de l'Europe, space Showcases
Link to the artist's website : Website
Exhibition "Citizens of the World" and "Patchwork of Kimonos".
My artistic approach : Through the creation of characters I seek to highlight the richness of cultures, the diversity of its expression and the similarities related to the personal or societal difficulties that we all have to face. Our breaks, our fractures beautify us, strengthen us, differentiate us and bring us together. We are all different in appearance and yet so close to our humanity ...
Very characteristic, my inspired characters are halfway between realism and impressionism. They are modeled in different lands, porcelains or sandstone. My choices about proportions, tones, patterns and costumes are essentially aesthetic. The costumes are assembled in wire which gives them a certain lightness and an obvious personality. The expressive heads of each character reinforce the presence of each of them and refer to a duality that oscillates between fragility and seduction.
The preferred medium for my work is porcelain, for its whiteness, but I also work black sandstone and white sandstone.
I decline these lands in different techniques:
- I create unique characters to hang and I associate porcelain, metal and glass,
- The porcelain is then decorated with graphics, enamelled and worked flat. The heads are in volume, their expression is individualized and directly in agreement with the "costume" and the personality that appears.
- Some characters have black heads, they are more ethnic and treated in "Raku".
- They have "trades" you will come across in this exhibition "The Moon Maker", "The Flower Woman", "A Peddler", "An Acrobat", "A Mermaid", "A Geisha" and many more ...