1. Members of staff of the Council of Europe or of Permanent Representations may submit their own work for exhibitions or sponsor exhibitions by outside artists.
2. The areas available to the Staff Amicale Arts Club are the corridors around the Control Centre, where two or three exhibitions can be held simultaneously, the show cases in the bar leading to the restaurant; and the long wall (26.5m) at level 0 in the Agora building. These areas can be referred to as the Council of Europe “Arts Galleries”.
3. The Council of Europe is not open to the general public. Access to exhibitions is controlled by badges issued by the security services directly to those concerned. Outside publicity for exhibitions should therefore be avoided.
4. The Arts Club has set up a selection procedure for material submitted. The decisions of the Arts Club selection committee are final. The Arts Club selection committee is composed of five members of the Arts Club, plus the Arts Club President. It is established each year at the Annual General Meeting.
Artists' files are registered on the Arts Club website in May for the following year. Sponsorship is limited to two artists per year. Artists who have already exhibited may not exhibit again for the next two years.
Steps in the selection procedure:
1. An announcement is made on the Council of Europe Intranet inviting artists and their sponsors to register their application on the Arts Club website; the website is open for applications for a period of 4 weeks.
2. Sponsors register their artists and both sponsor and artist receive a confirmation email with a username and password. The sponsor and/or artist return to their online file and complete it as requested.
3. At the end of the deadline indicated by the Arts Club, the latter validates the completed applications. An automatic message informs the sponsor and the artist that their file has been "pre-selected for vote".
4. An announcement is made on the Council of Europe Intranet inviting staff of the Council of Europe and Permanent Representations as well as external members of the Arts Club to vote via a special online form. The vote remains open for one week.
5. The results of the vote are evaluated by a jury, which will then validate the successful files.
6. The sponsors and artists are informed accordingly by automatic message and the successful candidates invited to complete their online forms (preferred exhibition space and dates).
7. A team of Arts Club members meets in September to draw up a calendar specifying the exhibition spaces and periods in which artists will exhibit.
8. The sponsors and artists are invited to accept the dates and spaces proposed and a final calendar is then drawn up. This calendar is then published on the Arts Club website before the end of October.