The Green Section in 2018
The Green Section of the Amicale has ambitious plans for 2018, and is calling for more colleagues to participate and get involved! Below are some of the planned activities for the year:
- Biodiversity/environment awareness-raising Campaign- week-long campaign with visibility stands in each of the main CoE buildings, workshops and activities, culminating in a possible concert (with the Music Section) to raise funds for a local ecological association [5-9 March]
- Installation of an “insects hotel” in the gardens of the Court- [Spring]
- Installation of “bird houses and feeders”, also by the Court- [Spring]
- Possible workshop for colleagues on “zero waste” (tbc) [Spring]
- Organised clean-up operation of the river/areas by the CoE environs in cooperation with the Kayak club- 25 March (tbc); and possibly join once again the general clean-up operation in Strasbourg organised by Alsace Nature (tbc) [Autumn]
- Possible workshop for colleagues and their kids on making an insect hotel (tbc)
- “Au Boulot à vélo”- annual cycle to work challenge [June/July]
- “Au Palais à pied”- a walk to work challenge [late May/early June]
- Green Friday- collection of old winter accessories for people in need in cooperation with the charity Abribus- to counter the popular commercial event “Black Friday”, and promote responsible consumerism (23 November)
- Awareness-raising movie screenings (in cooperation with Bern Convention)
- Vegetarian/vegan lunch meet-ups to discuss benefits of such a diet (first of which- 8 February).
- Circulation of a bi-monthly newsletter
- Social media platform for Green Section members
- Creation of a “Green Calendar”, a photo competition
Our activities are designed to be informative, creative and fun, all with the goal of increasing environmental awareness and engaging in proactive actions.
Keep an eye on the website of the Green Section for updates on these activities and more!
For more information, do not hesitate to contact those in charge of the Section.