Amicale Office and Committee
- President : Denis HUBER
- Co-President: Nathalie VERNEAU
- Vice-President : Sabrina WITTMANN
- Treasurer : Catherine GUERRERO
- Executive Secretary : Renée MORITZ
- Elected Members : Keltoum BELAID, Anne GAREL, Janis SYMONS
Next Amicale's events
AGORA - Bureau A1.09V
8.30 am to 12.45 pm/ 2 pm to 5.30 pm - Closed on wednesdays from 3.30 pm
(Occasionally closed for work meeting or events organisation)
The activity report and financial report of the Association for 2016 was presented at the Annual General Staff Meeting on 6 April 2017.
The celebration of the first International Day of Yoga, declared by the UN last year, will be held on Sunday 21 June 2015 in the Citadel Park (rue de Boston) in Strasbourg, from 8.30 am to 12 am.
The day will bring together many schools, clubs and yoga associations based in the region. This is an opportunity for everyone to discover the different forms of practice to suit all ages and all conditions. The event, coordinated by India-Alsace and Bhakti Mandir associations is organised in partnership with the City of Strasbourg and under the patronage of the Embassy of India in Paris.
Last year the Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has created a Ministry of Ayurveda and Yoga (AYUSH). He wished to restore its place in Yoga - this ancient practice the primary objective of which is to enable man to "let go" and be more in harmony with him/herself and his/her environment. While addressing the 69th session of United Nations General Assembly on 27 September 2014, Prime Minister Modi urged the world community to adopt an international Day of Yoga. He said:
"Yoga is an invaluable gift of ancient Indian tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature and a holistic approach to health and well-being. Yoga is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with ourselves, the world and Nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help us to deal with climate change. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day ".
Thus the United Nations in December 2014 approved the resolution establishing 21 June as the International Day of Yoga.
The wellness section of the Association, also proposes:
- On Monday 22 June, at the entrance to the Orangerie park (opposite the PC EST) at 12:20 : a Kundalini Yoga trial courses at the Orangerie Park with Olga. Wear comfortable clothing that does not hinder movements. In case of rain the course will be held in Room 8 of the Agora (opposite to the Amicale's Office)
- On Tuesday 23 June, at the entrance to the Orangerie park (opposite the PC EST) at 12:20 : a Kundalini Yoga trial courses at the Orangerie Park with Tatiana. Wear comfortable clothing that does not hinder movements. In case of rain the course will be held in Room 8 of the Agora (opposite to the Amicale's Office).
For further information: